Earth includes a built-in post type for creating simple sliders.
You can use this to create slides to add on any page. However, we’ve also bundled the “LayerSlider” plugin with the theme to create more advanced sliders (the sliders in the demo are all created with this plugin) and if you prefer you can use the plugin and go to the Theme Options panel and disable the “Slides” post type under the “Post Types” section.
- Browse to Slides > Add New
- Add a title (this is for your use only)
- Select or create a category (using categories groups the slides you create into separate sliders that you can add to your pages)
- Set a featured image for your slide
- Select your slide options
- Paste in a URL to link the slide to
- Select the lin target (self to open in the same page, or blank to open a new page)
- If you would like you slide to display a featured video instead of a featured image, paste your video URL (must be an oembed video format supported by WordPress)
- Add a caption to your slide
- Publish your slide