Sample Data isn’t automatically added to your site, for most people this wouldn’t be beneficial, instead there are specific files included to import sample data.
- When you go to download your purchase click on Download->Main files.
- After this folder downloads, unzip it and locate the folder called “Sample-Data”.
- Within this folder you will find your sample data file(s).
- To upload your WordPress sample data, log into your WP install and browse to Tools->Import and follow the instructions.
- After the import is complete you should have all the posts/pages from the demo with dummy images.
- There are certain things a WordPress import can not do, so after uploading sample data:
- Go to Appearance->Menu to set your menu locations.
- Go to Appearance->Widgets to add your widgets (widgets aren’t included in a WordPress export)
- Go to Appearance->Customize to customize your theme